Hi there! I'm an engineer and scientist interested in designing and building systems that have a positive impact on the world. I am currently a Computer and Information Science PhD student at the University of Pennsylvania and I have a B.S. in Computer Engineering from the University of California, Santa Barbara. I've also worked for some companies such as Uber and ShadowMaps.
Research: Researching security and fault tolerance of distributed systems with my advisor, Andreas Haeberlen.
Coursework: Completed coursework includes software systems, machine learning, big data analytics, computer architecture, theory of computation, and algorithm analysis.
Teaching: During the 2018-19 academic year I am a teaching assistant for the following courses:
Coursework: Completed coursework includes networking, machine learning, operating systems, Python, C, C++, Java, MATLAB, circuit analysis, object oriented design, data structures, computer architecture, digital design with Verilog, computer vision, advanced applications programming, database systems, computer security, and a senior capstone project.
Achievements: Recipient of the 2016 Roger Wood Scholarship and Dean's Honors. Awarded "Outstanding Senior in the Computer Engineering Program" for having the highest grade point average of the 2017 Spring Quarter graduating class of Computer Engineering.
Software engineering intern on the Sensing and Perception team working to deploy GPS correction technology. Check out this blog post over here.
- Web application development using Node.js to display real-time GPS satellite information.
- Helped design a cloud application infrastructure using Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, ElastiCache).
- Built a RESTful API using Dropwizard/Jersey/Jackson with Java.
- Java application development.
- Acquired in July 2016. Check out this page here for more info.
Gathered and analyzed GPS satellite data using MATLAB to investigate the impact of device orientation on GPS signals. Developed a web-based demonstration dashboard displaying close to real-time satellite and position information.
Provided support to end users, wrote documentation, and worked on various projects to administer computers run by ECI.
Worked in the immunology department conducting various experiments to learn more about kidney immune responses.
- Tech officer of Tau Beta Pi California Sigma Chapter for the 2016-2017 academic year. Member as of Jan 2016.
- Member of FIRST FRC Robotics Team 3128 from Sep 2009 to Jun 2013.
- Technology Student Co-Leader for TEDxYouth@SanDiego from Mar 2012 to Aug 2013.
- I love to snowboard, especially at Mammoth. Though the Poconos are convenient from Philly.
- I also love to hike and explore! I keep a list of my favorite places here.
- Unix/Linux Command Line Tutorial